The HR Business Risk & Control Management (BRCM) role acts as a First Line of Defence and works closely with Risk Owners and Control Owners to ensure the execution of operational risk management activities as defined by the Operational Risk Management Framework within the HR function. The role provides expert operational risk advice and input, and control monitoring for the HR Function.
Impact on the Business/Function
* Act as a subject matter expert for risk related matters for HR. Builds network and maintains strong working relationships with internal functional counterparts and key internal and external stakeholders across the country.
* Completes an ongoing qualitative assessment of the maturity of the HR function in managing risk and operating effective controls, using various inputs such as control testing results and incident / loss data. Acts a key advisor to Risk Owners, Control Owners and across the HR function regarding enhancing the functions risk and control maturity.
* Promote operational risk awareness, including training and communications, and work closely with Risk Owners, Control Owners and Risk Stewards to develop risk management practices as they pertain to both HR operations and wider Employment Practices & Relations and People risks.
* Co-ordinate the RCA process on behalf of Risk Owners and Control Owners including confirmation of scope, identification of key risks, assigning risk prioritisation, and the identification and assessment of design and operating effectiveness of key controls to mitigate key operational risks.
* Develop and execute control monitoring plans as requested by Control Owners, and work with Risk Owners to identify and oversee completion of remediation actions. Use key indicators set by Risk Owners and Control Owners to facilitate control monitoring.
* Contribute to the effective identification, assessment and root cause analysis of material internal risk events and issues. Advise and constructively challenge Risk Owners and Control Owners on the sustainability of their control environment and resolution of gaps and weaknesses.
* Contribute to the shaping of Group Functional policies, and communicate and support the implementation of policy standards and changes. Monitors adherence to policies, and coordinate/monitor/review approved dispensations and new dispensation requests for the HR function across the country.
* Coordinate and assist the country HR function with any Audit and other 2LoD reviews related to both HR operations and wider Employment Practices & Relations and People risks.
* Prepares management information data for country governance forum. Escalate material risks, issues, actions and losses to the Regional HR Risk team. Coordinates and supports effective governance of the function.
* Co-ordinates testing, tracking and management of events and incidents for Business Information Risks in HR across the region, and continually enhances awareness