Momenta Operations Limited
Momenta Operations Limited
Junior Solicitor (Commercial Litigation) - Jersey
What's the Role?
Our client is an established law and regulatory consulting firm who specialise in dispute resolution. Working with a range of external clients within financial institutions, fiduciary businesses, private clients, family offices, government agencies and global companies.
In your role as a Junior Solicitor you will be working closely within the Civil Litigation Department dealing with a multitude of matters and other regulatory areas.
You will be working closely with senior members of the organisation and will gain valuable experience in this niche area of law.
Tell Me More
* Start date: ASAP
* Location: Jersey
* Rate: £60,000 - 65,000 per annum. (Negotiable on experience)
* Role Type: Permanent
The Benefits for You
An exciting opportunity for individuals who are looking to expand their career by being part of a growing team, helping to further establish a successful legal firm.
Your day-to-day activities will include:
* Meet and interview clients to establish the firm's suitability to provide the necessary advice and services, based on the firm's specialism and likely cost.
* Take a client's instructions.
* Advise a client on the law and legal issues relating to their case.
* Draft documents, letters and contracts tailored to the client's individual needs.
* Negotiate with clients and other professionals to secure agreed objectives.
* Research and analyse documents and case law to ensure the accuracy of advice and procedure
* Supervise the implementation of agreements.
* Coordinate the work of all parties involved.
* Correspond with clients and opposing solicitors.
* Attend meetings and negotiations with opposing parties.
* Act on behalf of clients in disputes and represent them in court, if necessary.
* Instruct barristers or specialist advocates to appear in court for the client in complex disputes
* Prepare papers for court.
* Work in a team, sometimes referring cases to the head of department.
* Supervise and delegate work to trainee solicitors, paralegals and legal secretaries as appropriate.
* Arrange and attend further client meetings where necessary to progress with the case and finalise documentation
* Check all documentation prior to signing and implementing
* Calculate claims for damages, compensation, maintenance, etc
* Carry out administrative duties, e.g. completing time sheets so that charges for work can be calculated and billing clients for work done on their behalf
* Take referrals from other firms of solicitors when a conflict of interest arises or if they have no specialist practitioner available.
* Keep up to date with changes and developments in the law by reading journals and law reports.
What Knowledge, Skills & Experience We Need
* Newly Qualified however candidates with 1-3 years post qualified experience will also be considered.
* You will have strong academics with a minimum 2.1 (or equivalent) from a top university.
* Civil litigation background is desirable.
* Highly detail-oriented, motivated, intellectually curious individual with outstanding time-management, analytical and communication skills.
* Quick and sharp individual who relish the challenges of understanding and interpreting regulations and processes across different business divisions and jurisdictions.
* Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
* Self-motivated and capable of prioritising workloads as required.
To express your interest in this opportunity, don't delay; please click Apply now.
Momenta are a market leading financial services and legal resourcing business. Momenta have excellent opportunities to develop and enhance your experience within the industry. If you have the skills and experience for this exciting role then apply today and don't miss out on this exceptional opportunity to join the company that provides quality resource, consulting expertise and people development.