HSBC are currently recruiting for an SAS Developer - IFRS9 to support existing build requirements using SAS and provide DevOps capability to monthly production runs. The SAS Developer - IFRS9 will review of requirements requested by stakeholders followed by the proposed design up to implementation of the calculator in a Live production environment. The SAS Developer - IFRS9 Responsibilities will include the development of SAS IFRS9 execution, data validation and management information processes. This will involve development using standard SAS tools, mainly SAS Enterprise Guide, visual statistics/analytics and integration with Big Data technology. This role is also expected to support detailed design and testing (both functional and user acceptance testing). This will require co-ordination of multiple work streams across relevant Risk & Finance HOST and business teams.
The Key Responsibilites for the SAS Developer - IFRS9 will be:
* Perform the development (coding) documentation and implementation of IFRS9 expected credit loss models with SAS toolset for WS & Retail Credit Risk, covering: technical design and documentation, coding of the component, testing of the component
* Supporting testing (FT & UAT) and overall delivery of the solution by working together with the SAS Delivery Manager and other suppliers (e.g. IT).
* Ensure the use of SAS toolset reduces lead time to delivery and aligns to overall Group strategic direction so that cross-functional development is usable.
* Design should help embed standard processes, systems and operational models into the BAU approach for end-to-end execution of stress tests, enabling the organisation to leverage HSBC's global economies of scale
* Ensure that the delivered SAS solution follows robust, industrialized procedures and meet the required audit and SOX requirement applicable to IFRS 9
* Build trusting partnerships with Programme stakeholders, Group Risk Types, Group Finance, Group Risk Strategy, Regional and Country Banking Risk function and the GPOs
Responsible for delivering SAS component working with multiple teams and geographies, therefore the role holder must be highly skilled in teamwork, to drive his/her own and the team's approach and standards
Develop high performance standards in SAS toolset to ensure the that IFRS9 solution uses best-in-class, robust solution appropriate for IFRS9 operational, audit and SOX needs
The SAS Developer - IFRS9 will have experience in:
* Knowledge of HTML 5/Java script would be advantageous
* Knowledge of Python/Flask would be advantageous
* Excellent knowledge and interest in new SAS toolset and roadmap
* Good knowledge of banking and credit risk
* Strong conceptual skills (delivery management)
* Numerous years experience in SAS delivery within large programmes.
* Demonstrated flexibility across multiple domains and functional areas
* Demonstrated ability to build relationships with key stakeholders and senior leader
* SAS certification (ideal or job experience to the equivalent)s