Aldena Associates LTD
Aldena Associates LTD
New 11 janvier England - Greater London, City of London CDI €47653.09 - €53609.72 per annum + 15% bonus
Job Title: Senior Product Line Manager - Consumer Luminaires
Department: Product Group EMEA
Reports to: Product Management Director
The Senior Product Line Manager develops and drives the strategy for an assigned product line to ensure we have a competitive, innovative and fast growing product portfolio to satisfy the needs of our International lighting business, delivering required levels of growth, revenue and profitability. The responsibility covers all markets globally.
* Through desk research and analysis, working closely with Segment Marketing Managers, meeting with customers and Sales organizations, develop a deep understanding of market dynamics, customer needs, technology trends, product legislation and competitor offerings/strategies, gaining recognition as an authority within the business for the assigned product line
* Create the product line strategy & product line roadmap to deliver ongoing competitiveness and profitable growth, in line with relevant brand guidelines and segment plans
* Identify, specify and justify new and improved product opportunities, utilizing the NPD Gate Review Process
* Drive the NPD process to ensure timely and successful product launches, working closely with R&D, Sourcing, Manufacturing, etc in line with agreed quarterly launch briefings
* Frequent visit to suppliers in Asia and Europe along with Sourcing Managers to identify and develop new products and maximize cost savings for existing products
* Work closely with NPD Project Managers to constantly update the NPD Tracker and FMG NPD Deck
* Work with the Segment Marketing Managers to develop and implement the 'go-to-market' strategy for new product launches, coordinating with relevant functions, e.g. Marcomm, R&D, Operations, Planning, etc,
* Ensure that all published product line data (literature, data sheets, web site, etc) is accurate and compliant
* Ensure that sales personnel are well trained in new and improved products, and are equipped to sell effectively
* Monitor the sales and margin levels for the portfolio on a quarterly basis, identifying and recommending corrective action where necessary.
* Work closely with Segment Marketing and Country Sales & Marketing teams to maximize sales and profit performance of both new and current products
* Work closely with Sourcing, R&D and Operations to identify and implement product cost reduction opportunities to maximize sales and PBT performance
* Manage the product life cycle (phase in / phase out) to avoid excess and obsolete stock, working closely with the Planning Team, taking into account the output from the S&OP process, ensuring that relevant system product data is effectively managed.
* Sourcing/ R&D/Factory/Segment Marketing/Marcom/Sales/Legal/Finance
Key Performance Metric
* Sales growth and margin by product line and for FMG Business Unit
* English mandatory; other languages desirable
* Ideally, a Masters Degree in Marketing or Engineering, or a Degree as minimum. (In exceptional circumstances, significant experience may be considered as an alternative to a formal qualification)
* Significant previous senior Product Management experience in an international position, within a technical products industry, with a proven track record.
* In depth experience of a formal New Product Development / Introduction process
* Experience of effectively managing teams / coaching / mentoring
* Excellent skills in leadership, creativity, communication and strategic analysis, coupled with a strong eye for detail and a willingness to make things happen.
* Experience in operating and building effective relationships in a cross functional work environment,
* Strong numeracy and presentation skills
* Comfortable operating at all levels of the business
* Willing to travel internationally