Administration - Services généraux - Secretériat
Administration - Services généraux - Secretériat
The Proposal Strategist will need to possess the following professional experience:
*Create custom messaging, storyboards, and graphics that support that messaging
*Develop proposal outlines that support overall messaging
*Create value propositions for the buyers
*Possess a technical background, in either Information Technology or Engineering, so they have an understanding of complex technical solutions and are able to conceptualize graphics to convey concepts and messages
*Develop win themes
*Capture and message discriminators
*Possess experience working with Proposal Writers, Managers, Business Development teams, and Capture teams
The Proposal Strategist will have defined responsibilities throughout the Opportunity Lifecycle. They are responsible for ensuring that the proposal is compelling, strategic, and competitive by:
*Working in the early stages of an opportunities' life cycle (Qualify and/or Capture stages) to begin interfacing with the technical solution architects to design key technical graphics to use in sales conversations with key buyers
*Begin refining the solution graphics to reflect the feedback received during sales discussions with the buyers
*Begin developing strategy, with the capture manager and business developer, so that our technical solution is developed with key discriminators and win themes that will resonate with the buyers
*Serving as the integration point for Business Development, Proposal Operations, and Capture regarding the messaging in a proposal, to include facilitating storyboarding sessions
*Creating and designing the outlines for a winning and compelling proposal by laying in key graphic elements for the proposal team to draft text to speak to the graphics
*Ensuring impactful page design through proper balance of text and visuals, use of action captions, and making sure key information stands out
*Building a unique messaging blueprint for each proposal
*Working with Capture/Business Development to gain messaging buy-in
*Presenting messaging blueprint to writers during the Proposal Kickoff Meeting
*Working with the Proposal Manager and writers one-on-one (coordinate with H&HS writing director, if required) to incorporate section-specific messaging into the proposal and proposal sections
*Conducting Messaging Review during the Pink and Red Teams to ensure correct incorporation
- Red Team Reviews will be used to validate that the "blueprint" was followed
*Analyzing proposals at Lessons Learned sessions to identify which themes and discriminators resonated well with the customer and led to winning proposals
- Share with Business Development and Capture teams for future use
- Rearm Capture and Business Development with the points that resonated well with the customer
Education and Experience Requirements
*Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university required preferably in field of Business or related subject, equivalent experience considered in lieu of degree
*Minimum 12 years of broad-based, progressive experience in technical sales, business development, proposal development and/or operational experiences in the Federal market.
*In-depth understanding of the Federal Government contracting market
*Extensive experience interfacing with multi-divisional, inter-agency teams, and "C" level buyers (CEO, CIO, CFO, Department Directors, etc.)
*Proven competency and demonstrated understanding of Federal government operations and contacts and developing "best value" solutions for Federal government
*Experience with effective management of large scale contract bids, negotiations, and client relations
*Ability to cultivate new business opportunities with an entrepreneurial mindset
*Ability to function well in a fast-paced environment
*Excellent written and verbal communication skills
*Unquestioned personal integrity and ethical behaviors
*Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Perform annual review of sales processes and documentation for effectiveness, and assist management in understanding where blockages, inconsistencies or confusion are.
* Identify opportunities for sales process improvements.
* Hire, retain, train, coach, guide, direct, and develop direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources.
* Assist with sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes.
* Provide leadership and counsel to the sales organization and executive management regarding implementing sales organization objectives that reflect business goals.
* Work with sales team to ensure accuracy and timely distribution of sales and management reports.
* Review reports for effectiveness and make recommendations and/or revisions to existing reports as needed.
* Create training on all current and new sales operations initiatives.
* Create and coordinate a training delivery plan for the development and enforcement of sales operations process and improvements.
* Work with executive management on the performance measurements required to ensure success for the organization.
* Bachelor's degree required, five (5) years of people management experience, twelve (12) years of experience in the related field.
A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource.
MAXIMUS is and Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.