Rothschild & Co
Audit / Transactions / Conseil
★★★★★ 4 Avis
Overview of Role:
We are looking to recruit a Long-Term intern to join our London based Financial reporting team, to provide assistance to a team of four accounting and reporting professionals, whose primary responsibility is quarterly, half yearly and annual external financial reporting for Rothschild & Co, a French listed and regulated financial services group. This is specifically to cover the Q4-2019 and Q1-2020 reporting cycle.
Assist in the production of the Rothschild & Co annual report in both English and French to ensure that the report is delivered on schedule (end of March 2020), in accordance with the design template, and to a very high level of accuracy.
The successful candidate will be performing the following tasks, in conjunction with the existing team members
- Assist in preparation of financial accounts data and analysis, including obtaining an understanding of the data and movements
- Translation into French of new paragraphs in the English language accounts
- Use of CtrlPrint software to prepare accounts for publication (will be taught).
- Quality control on published year end French group accounts – check for spelling mistakes/ consistency with English accounts
- Assist team with quarterly reporting tasks e.g. following up audit trails/ quarterly newsletter
- Assist with other matters as required by existing group team, including (but not limited to) conducting analysis and research projects, and summarising information for managers.
Experience, skills and competencies required:
- Native or business level French and English, spoken and written
- Programme grande école or equivalent
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, ability to convey requirements confidently to others
- Strong Microsoft office – particularly Excel
- Experience in audit is an advantage
- Interest in business and Rothschild & Co
Opportunities for development:
- Gain experience of working for a highly respected global brand in the financial sector
- Gain experience of working in the banking sector
- Experience of culture and structure of a global investment bank
- Introduction to full breadth of activities of an investment bank including corporate finance (M&A, capital markets), wealth and asset management and merchant banking
- Exposure to investor relations and management reporting teams
- Experience of a Group Finance function in a global business
- Overview of a multi-segment high-profile global business
- Experiencing the preparation of a public company’s Group accounts from start to finish under tight deadlines.
- Access to senior finance staff from each business.
- Opportunity for a paid internship in London.