Ingénierie & développement
Ingénierie & développement
*Maintain DNS, DNS Bind, NFS, DHCP, web, and FTP services in a Solaris enterprise environment.
*Work with application teams and other IT support personnel to coordinate system software changes and support changes.
*Analyze production and test system problems, determine causes, and take timely corrective actions.
*Recommend systems and programming standards and procedures including writing shell scripts and programs to automate and/or simplify the UNIX administration procedures.
*Keep accurate records of UNIX system failures and changes.
*Manage UNIX account maintenance including additions, changes, and removals.
*Design/implement UNIX systems and network configurations for optimum performance along with troubleshooting and problem resolutions.
*Document and maintain hardware, software and UNIX Administration standards, UNIX Architecture Design, implementation and support.
*Perform hardware, operating system, security and application updates/patches on these systems.
*Monitor UNIX/Linux systems for performance and availability.
*Interface with client to identify practical solutions applicable to the business needs based on available technology.
*Forecast and proactively recommend strategic hardware and software upgrades or replacements when service statistics indicate upcoming unsatisfactory performance levels.
*Setup user logins, password, account information, and security for the servers.
*Responsible for designing, implementing, and supporting system backups.
*Assist in performing routine capacity planning, generate utilization and performance reports, and maintain documentation.
*Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity planning and testing.
*Respond to tickets through our ticketing systems
The Ideal Candidate will possess the Following Additional Education and Experience:
*Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science or related field required, equivalent years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree
*5 years of experience providing Unix Administration Technical Support
*5 years of hands on experience with Solaris (8/9/10), DNS, DNSSEC
*Scripting experience (Shell, CGI, and Perl)
*Solid understanding of UNIX host based security
*Understanding of iSCSI, NAS, & SAN infrastructure and configuration
*Experience with configuring and utilizing remote datacenter management tools targeting system health
Should understand and be comfortable with the following concepts:
*COOP and Disaster Recovery
*Backup and Recovery Strategy
*Work is performed in a fast-paced Information Technology environment
*Ability to lift or transport items weighing up to 40 lbs.
Additional Requirements as per contract/client:
*Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust - Moderate Risk security clearance
*GC Holder / US Citizens only
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Install new software releases and system upgrades as well as evaluate and install patches and resolve software-related problems.
* Work after hours and at other NOAA facilities may be required periodically.
* Install new software releases and system upgrades.
* Evaluate and install patches and resolve software-related problems.
* Perform system backups and recovery.
* Maintain data files and monitor system configuration to ensure data integrity.
* Maintain responsibility for system security and data integrity.
* Assign passwords and monitor use of resources.
* Produce IT Security artifacts, business reports, data call reports, forms, etc.
* Perform additional duties as assigned.
* Typically requires a min of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 3 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience
* Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
* Demonstrates good judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
* Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise
* May have additional training or education in area of specialization.
* Works on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgement in resolving issues.
* Understands implications or work and makes recommendations for solutions.
* Communicates on complex or sensitive issues or draft such responses for supervisor or team lead.
* Computer Professional Job Profile
A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource.
MAXIMUS is and Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.